I’ve been thinking about making Crepes Suzette for ages.
I love all sorts of pancakes, thick and fluffy American pancakes or this thin crepes. When I was living back home, we used to always had the think crepes at home.
Thin crepes we eat with different sweet fillings, like sweet cottage cheese, jam, nutella, or savory crepes ( I might post the recipe one day) or sliced and added to a hot tomato soup, my favorite savory option.
These crepes, are light and super delicate, covered in delicious sweet and tangy orange sauce.
If you ever try them, let me know.
So here is the recipe!
- for crepes
- 1 cup of flour
- 500 ml milk of your choice, I used full fat
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- for orange sauce
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 50 g coconut sugar, but you can use any other sugar
- zest from one orange
- 3 tbsp of butter
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar. Add in the flour and salt and mix well to get a smooth texture without any lumps. Slowly add the milk and oil. Mix until smooth. Fry over a medium heat with a tiny amount of oil or butter.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat. Pour sugar, add orange juice and zest from an orange and let it carmelize. It will take just a moment, so make sure you are not going anywhere. Add orange a juice, then butter. Let it cook for a moment mixing well. Fold in first crepes, cover with the sauce, and do it with a couple of more.
- Serve hot, with some cream if you wish.