If you’re going to have a cookie, these are a healthier choice than most.
They are great for breakfast ( if you like sweet breakfast) for a long bike ride and are the perfect thing to bring to work. For this recipe I’ve used Coconut Butter, it’s creamy and gives that nice coconutty flavor
They are a little different to the packet version, a little chewier on the second day, but so buttery and oaty. I like that I know exactly what’s inside them, and I’ll definitely be making these again.
I like that I know exactly what’s inside them, and also they are kids approved, my friend daughter loved them.
Hope you enjoy these as much as we did!
Let me know if you give them a go.
- For the cookies
- 120 coconut butter ( softened)
- 30 gr sugar
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 120 oats
- 80 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- For chocolate coating
- 100g dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180 C and line the tray with baking paper.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar until pale and smooth.
- Reduce the speed to low, mix in the oats, flour, baking powder, maple syrup, and salt.
- Using medium icecream scoop, roll dough into balls and flatten on the tray, until they are about. Leave room between the cookies for spreading.
- Bake 12-15min, until golden brown.
- Melt the chocolate and coat each cookie. Let them to cool and enjoy ( I put mine in the fridge for 5min).