There’s never really a bad time for pasta, is there? Well, maybe breakfast, but I know a couple of good recipes that I could consider to eat for breakfast. Pasta it’s just so comforting—I love it.
Eating pasta for both lunch or dinner happens to the best and the quickest warm dish cos life is busy. I think I’ll never get tired of pasta- never.
Can you believe January is practically over!!! I know not yet, but almost.
This recipe is easy and quick. Hope that you will enjoy it.
Remeber to tag #aniasvibrantkitchen when you try.
Pasta night: Fusilli with creamy sauce and mini meatballs
- 400ml full-fat coconut milk
- coconut oil for frying
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- spices ( salt, black pepper, cayenne)
- 200g mushrooms of your choice ( I used chanterelles)
- fresh parsley
- 1 egg (we use Clarence Court)
- 250g uncooked pasta ( we used Rizopia)
- 200g good quality organic mince beef/ chicken/ pork/ turkey/ lamb
- On the pan heat, 3 tbs of coconut oil, chop onions and fry them until gold. Also if you decide to use regular mushrooms, fry them together with the onions. If you use chanterelles like me, wash them and cook them for 15min. Cook your pasta up to your liking.
- To make the sauce. Add coconut milk to onions and mushrooms, add spices and cook on medium heat.
- To make mini meatballs, mix the meat with one egg, salt, black pepper and one clove of fresh garlic. Roll small balls and fry them with 2tbs coconut oil. Shouldn’t take longer than 5 min
- Add half of fried meatballs and the rest of minced garlic to the coconut sauce. Cook on high heat for another 5-10min (mixing time to time).
- Serve with fresh parsley and the rest of mini meatballs.