I really like paneer. My favorite one, simply fried with turmeric, garlic, and salt. But this curry it is my second favorite way to eat paneer.
Creamy, comforting, fragrant super easy just perfect.
We usually eat curry with some pita bread but this time I decided to add cumin rice and all dish turned just amazing.
So here is the recipe and now I am going to enjoy ME time on a Saturday night.
Have a gerat weekend everyone.
- 2-3 tbsp of coconut oil or ghee ( we used coconut oil Coconut Merchant)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes ( we used Biona)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 cup Yogurt thick or Hung Curd
- 250 grams Paneer Cheese cut into cubes
- 200gr fresh okra
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 cup plain rice ( we used Tilda)
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Heat 2tbsp of oil in a pan add spices and onion. fry on medium heat for 5 min add the paneer and fry for another 5min
- Add the tomatoes and cook simmer for 10-15min, then add coconut milk.
- Heat the rest of the oil and fry okra until brown ( 5min)
- Add okra and crushed 2 cloves of garlic to your curry and cook another 10-15min.
- To make rice, in the pot heat up olive oil add garlic and cumin seeds, rinse your rice well add it to the pot together with the water. Bring it to boil, reduce the heat and simmer for another 10-15min ( or until soft).