Who doesn’t love a little munch?
Snacks around Christmas and New Years are key as there are always friends around, and having a few bowls out makes a big difference, especially if you are not so keen on a big cooking.
This spiced nuts recipe is a great alternative the to shop bought one, as it probably has one-quarter of the sugar that you can find in the shop bought packages. Nuts are a great way to enjoy a healthy snack. With protein, fiber and the right kind of unsaturated fats there are a healthier alternative for all snackers out there.
Ps. This mix will be perfect on salads.
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pecan nuts
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp black sesame
- 5 tbsp coconut oil, melted ( we are using Coconut Merchant)
- 1 tbs sesame oil or olive oil
- 2 tbsp coconut honey, agave or any other liquid sweetener( Coconut Merchant)
- 1 tsp salt ( you can add more if you prefer more salty flavors)
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper ( we used Little Spice)
- 3 tsp of mixed spices ( cayenne, turmeric, paprika, powdered garlic)
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Mix all nuts until well covered in spices, oil and honey.
- Place all the nuts on a large roasting tray.
- Roast for 15-17 minutes, stirring occasionally until the nuts turn dark brown. carefully shake the tray every 5 minutes to make sure they cook evenly.
- Remove, stir in some more pepper and cayenne.
- Leave to cool in the tray, stirring from time to time.
- Once cool, transfer to an air-tight container.