Fancy homemade brownie bliss balls?
These easy vegan brownie balls covered in grounded hazelnuts and cacao powder, completely dairy-free, gluten-free, and contain no refined sugar. And my husband said that they taste better that the “real” brownie! They’re made with 100% healthy, good-for-you ingredients and are super delicious.
Want to try them?
Let’s do it! The recipe is so simple and quick.
- 350 gr medjool dates
- 80g raw cacao powder ( we use Aduna)
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil ( we use Coconut Merchant)
- 30 gr toasted coconut chips / untoasted are good as well
- 180 gr ground hazelnuts
- Using your food processor. Pulse the dates until they have blended and it’s starting to stick together.
- Add cacao powder and coconut chips, pulse again to combine.
- Add hazelnut meal, pulse to combine.
- If the mixture feels too crumbly, add a splash of coconut milk, if too sticky and runny add more hazelnut meal.
- Take a small amount of dough and roll it into a ball with your hands. Place them onto a plate or baking sheet that’s been lined with parchment paper.
- If you want to roll them in extra cacao, now is the best time.
- Store them in a sealed container in the fridge. They will keep for several days.
- ***If your dates aren’t soft enough, soak them in hot water for about 5 min. Drain them well before using.
If you try my recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram.