I got so many requests on Instagram to post the recipe for these fish cakes. I am super happy that you guys are so interested in my recipes.
- 400 g white fish fillets ( I used sea bass)
- 250 g cooked and mashed potatoes ( you can use leftover potatoes from the day before)
- 1 shallot
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1/3 cup chives
- 1 cup of panko + 2 tbsp
- vegetable oil for frying ( you can use coconut oil as well)
- If not using mashed potatoes leftovers, bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add potatoes and turn down to a simmer and cook until tender. Drain well then mash and set aside to cool completely
- Meanwhile, in the food processor. Chop/pulse the raw fish with shallot, garlic, parsley, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Mix fish into the potato mixture add chives and 2 tbsp of panko. Mix until well combined.
- Shape the mixture into patties, I made small ones and we had around 21.
- Spread panko on a plate. Dredge the patties in the panko, pressing to coat well.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat. When hot enough, add the fish cakes. Pan-fry them until they’re golden brown and crispy on both sides.
- Serve with favorite dressing or salad.
Guys, if you are looking for a good food processor, I highly recommend Ninja system. It is great and affordable.