If you follow me on Instagram, perhaps you saw this photo last week?
If you have been watching this space closely, you know we both love hummus.
Hummus is our favorite go-to snack both for everyday use and for party occasions.
But my favorite way of eating it, is with some toasted wraps or pita and some olive oil.
I usually make a traditional hummus from canned chickpeas with the different flavors. I hope you have tried my beetroot hummus recipe already, if not I highly recommend it, its really delicious.
This time I will share with you the recipe for original hummus. I usually use canned chickpea, and my favorite brand is Biona. You might prefer to cook the chickpeas from the scratch, and that is fine too, but I often don’t have that much time after 12h shift.
Healthy and super satisfying!
Let me know what you think in the comments! Be back soon with some more recipes!
- 2 cans of chickpea ( keep some of the water)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup of olive oil ( I use Filippo Berio)
- 1/2 cup tahini ( you can add more, depends on your liking)
- Add all ingredients to a high powered blender or food processor.
- Start to blend on at a low speed until ingredients are mixed together. Slowly increase the speed, and blend on high for 5 minutes until smooth and creamy. If the hummus appears to be too dry and isn’t blending nicely, add more reserved chickpea liquid little at a time.
- To serve, use the back of a spoon to spread the hummus out into a bowl or deep plate, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with chopped flat leaf parsley, paprika and za’atar ( its amazing). Serve with warm pita and plenty of vegetables.