Nothing tastes better in autumn, like a sunny orange, sweet pumpkin! There are so many delicious recipes that everyone loves.
I love soups, and autumn season it’s my favourite cos I cook them almost every day.
This one is super easy, maybe a bit time consuming due to the roasting time but otherwise quick.
It’s super creamy thanks mostly to the pumpkin and potatoes.
So here is the recipe.
Hope that you will love it as much as I do.
- 1 kg of pumpkin ( skin on)
- 2 l of vegetable stock
- 1 large onion
- 2-3 large potatoes
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric
- stick of cinnamon
- 2 cloves of garlic
- olive oil
- coconut cream for garnish and seeds if you want
- Cut the pumpkin into large cubes, remove the seeds. Potatoes peel and cut into cubes. Roast in 200C for 45-60 min.
- In a large pot heat the olive oil, cut onion into cubes and fry until golden brown. Add pumpkin (without the skin) and potatoes, season with salt and fry with stirring for about 5 minutes. Finally, add turmeric and the stock.
- Cover and cook for about 15 minutes or longer. Remove cinnamon stick before blending.
- Mix in a blender, topped with coconut cream and fresh parsley.