This healthy orzo salad recipe is full of bright, fresh, summery flavor… Gorgeous vegetables, bright parsley, tomatoes, creamy avocado, salty halloumi along with a dose of fresh lemon and olive oil, make the perfect side dish to share at your next BBQ!
I could lick the bowl clean. It’s like a party in your mouth.
Easy and ready in just 15 min.
- 1 cup orzo pasta (uncooked)
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup of chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked peas
- 200g grilled halloumi
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- black pepper and salt
- Boil orzo pasta following instructions on the package.
- While the orzo is cooking, juice the limes into a large mixing bowl, and whisk in the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Grill halloumi cheese on the pan or electric grill.
- When the orzo is done the cooking, drain it (do not rinse), and toss it with the sauce mixture while still warm.
- Allow the pasta and sauce mixture to cool while you chop the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix everything until well combined.