This banana bread it is definitely one of my favorite cakes I have ever made.
I’ve been perfecting this banana bread recipe for a while and wanted to share with you right away after I was 100% sure that this recipe works magic. This banana and avocado bread has all what classic banana bread is, it’s fluffy, moist, sweet from bananas, and loved by everyone who will try.
Perfect for breakfast, snack, or dessert!
This banana bread is also easily adapted for special diets. With a couple of small changes, you can make this bread vegan, dairy free and egg free and of course nut free.
- 350 g flour ( I use mix of rye, wholemeal and brown rice flour)
- 100 g hazelnuts chopped
- 3 tbsp of coconut oil, melted ( I used Coconut Merchant)
- 2 tbsp honey or any sweetener of your choice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed
- 2-3 bananas, mashed
- 4 tbsp cacao powder ( I used Aduna)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp soda
- 2 eggs
- 150 ml milk ( I used Koko coconut milk)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (C). Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and lightly or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl or a food processor combine the wet ingredients, eggs, bananas, honey and mix until all it’s well combined.
- Mix all dry and wet ingredients together, until well combined.
- Divide into 2 portions. add nuts and cacao to one.
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan. Swirl it around to create the marbled look.
- Bake for 50-60 min, or until golden brown on the top. You can use a wooden stick to test if your banana bread is done in the middle.