I came up with the idea for breakfast cookies, when in the morning, before work I was not always too hungry to eat my usual breakfast.
This cookie fulfills breakfast role perfectly … Can be eaten on the go, as a snack, or with the afternoon tea.
These cookies are full of energy from the oats, perfect for those who need a decent dose of power in the morning. Whole grain oats provide a good dose of good carbohydrates and a mix of milled flaxseed, sunflower, pumpkin and sesame seeds and coconut oil provide some good fats.
Cookies are soft in the middle but slightly crunchy on top!!! Just like I like it.
I hope that you will like them too.
- 1 1/2 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp flax seeds mix
- 6 tbsp of water
- 3 tbsp of coconut honey
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 190 ° C, and place the baking paper on the baking tray.
- Mix flax seed warm water and leave until thickened.
- Mix all ingredients together in a big mixing bowl or food processor , until well combined.
- From the dough make about 6 balls, flatten them with your palm, forming the shape of cookies. You can also make smaller cookies (mine were the size of my palm) – then there will be more of them. Place them on baking paper and bake for about 20-25 minutes until they turn brown, but be careful, if you are making them smaller, you will probably need 15min!