Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
I had a couple of recipe requests from my friends.
When I composed this recipe I made sure that this sweet treat will contain a large dose of protein, vitamins, minerals, good fats, and energy. This is a great addition you tour daily porridge as well as an afternoon snack on a busy day.
If you are looking for an alternative to refined sugars snacks, this is it and believe me, your sugar cravings will subside if you say NO to refined sugar and look for a natural source of sugars.
I also added my favorite baobab powder, for a great source of Vitamin C and for the energy booster.
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 6-8 prunes
- 8 soft dates organic
- 2 tbsp of sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp of pumpkin seeds
- 3 tbsp of baobab powder ( I used Aduna0
- 2 tbsp of quinoa pops
- 1 tsp maca powder ( I user Organic Burst)
- In your food processor and blend for a minute or 2, until walnuts break up.
- Add dates, prunes and baobab powder.
- After a few minutes, the mixture should be smooth and sticky.
- Add seeds and pops and mix it with your hand, until everything is well combined.
- If your mix is too dry, add 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Roll the mix and make 1cm thick square bar and cut it into smaller pieces.
- Store in the fridge for minimum 30min