I have created this recipe for my hubby’s birthday.
He loves chocolate! I really mean it!
I like to create sweet treats for him, so at least I know what’s inside my chocolate.
Unprocessed Cacao is high in protein, antioxidants, mood-boosting compounds. So yes, chocolate is not too bad, as long as you have it in moderation.
As most of my recipes, this one it’s very simple. Just a few nourishing ingredients mixed together. The main components are raw cacao and nuts!
The silky smooth truffle center is really where the magic happens here.
So here is the recipe.
- 300 gr medjool dates ( soaked in warm water)
- 180gr or roasted hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp coconut oil ( we used coconut merchant)
- 4-5 tbsp cacao powder (we used Aduna cacao)
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp tahini ( we use Meridian Foods)
- 100-150g dark chocolate, melted and left to cool
- Using your food processor. Pulse the hazelnuts until they have blended into butter consistency.
- Remove the nut mix from the food processor, pulse the dates until they have blended and it’s starting to stick together.
- Add cacao powder and coconut chips, pulse again to combine.
- Add hazelnut meal, pulse to combine.
- If the mixture feels too crumbly, add a splash of coconut milk, if too sticky and runny add more hazelnut meal.
- Take a small amount of dough and roll it into a ball with your hands. Place them onto a plate or baking sheet that’s been lined with parchment paper.
- Dip them into the melted chocolate and let it set in the fridge for 1h.
- Store them in a sealed container in the fridge. They will keep for several days.
- Decorate with the choice of your toppings.
- ***If your dates aren’t soft enough, soak them in hot water for about 5 min. Drain them well before using.