This is definitely my favorite hummus.
I like them all, to be honest, but beetroot hummus has this amazing earthy flavor. Together with the spices makes this dish just perfect. Not mentioning the color, it’s just beautiful.
Beets are high in immune-boosting vitamin C, fiber, and essential minerals like potassium ( and magnesium. Beets also contain the B vitamin folate.
There are many ways to enjoy beets, I love them in the salad, soups, roasted……… they are just amazing.
I hope you get a chance to make this, I think it would make a great dish.
Beetroot hummus. It is as good as it looks. Great party food, or on the go as a snack with some crackers or toasted bread.
- 2-3 large roasted or cooked beetroots
- 1 can of chickpeas ( drained and washed, we used Biona Organic)*
- 1/2 blood orange- juiced
- 3 tbsp of tahini ( we used Meridian Foods)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- pinch of chili flakes
- 3-5 tbsp hemp oil ( we used Plant Hemp Superfoods)
- Add the beets, chickpeas, orange juice, tahini, pressed garlic, sea salt, paprika and chile flakes to the bowl of a food processor or blender ( we are using Ninja blender).
- Puree until smooth, add hemp oil. I used a few tablespoons to get the right consistency.
- Serve in bowl and top with some chickpea and herbs and some crackers on the side.
- * keep the water when you drain your chickpeas, if the hummus is too thick just add a couple of tablespoons to thin it.