For me, granola has always been a no-no for breakfast, as every single one I’ ve tried from the shop was either, too sweet or tasteless.
After all these time, I decided to give it a try and make my own.
A large batch of granola comes together rather quickly and lasts for weeks, just perfect for those sleepy heads like me. Once you make a batch, you can whip a breakfast in 5min.
I officially like granola now. My granola only haha.
I enjoy this granola with some Greek yogurt or with homemade almond milk as a cereal.
- 1 1/2 cup of oats
- 1 cup coconut chips
- 2-3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Milled Flaxseed Sunflower Pumpkin & Sesame Seeds & Goji Berries
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1//2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped brazil nuts
- 1/2 sunflower seeds
- 1/2 pumpkin seeds
- * if you want you can add sweetener of your choice I like my granola without any sweeteners
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the almonds, coconut flakes, pecans, brazil nuts, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, and salt. ( I chopped all nuts before but you can use whole if you prefer).
- In a small bowl, melt the oil. Add to the dry ingredients and toss to coat.
- Spread the granola on the prepared baking and bake for 15-25 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring every 5min.
- Cool it down and keep in air tight container.
Products that I’ve used :